Monday, May 24, 2010

15 Months

Presley, you are growing so fast. I enjoy watching you grow. You learn more new things in one day that I could learn in a week. It is so interesting watching you discover all your new talents and skills. Like finding a dryer sheet on the floor and wiping them clean with it. Or putting the Q-tips in your ear in an attempt to clean them yourself. My personal favorite is when I give you your toothbrush and you go straight to your hair!





I look in your eyes and see so much of your daddy. But, oh, you are definitely your momma's little girl. You know what you want and when you want it! You don't let anyone mess with you or your stuff, unless of course, it is your idea to do so! It dawned on me this week that you must also resemble me a little because I saw my mother in you. I must admit you have good genes!


It is funny how you and your brother differ so. He has never been the aggravating type. He has a great sense of humor but it is different than yours. You here me tell you to come to me, and just despite, you take off the other direction faster than I can catch you! You look at me with your graham cracker in hand and toss it against my request...then you laugh! I can't stay mad at that smile for long!


Speaking of smiles, how about those teeth. Your top two front teeth are showing full force. You have three lower teeth that are out with a few more poking through. It is evident that your teeth are sprouting because you chew on your fingers all.the.time.


You have picked out your favorite foods and know them well. Then you have found those items that you know you do not want, even to try. You love Danonino yogurt, vanilla pudding, spaghetti, french fries, and the likes. You have not totally taken to that sippy cup yet but, you are working on it. I love that you only take one bottle at bed time now. And, oh yes, you are finally allowing me a full night sleep. And, honestly my dear, even if you do wake up I just mute you!!!


Some things will be changing around our house soon. Mommy is going to be working full time now. That means a few things, some good and some not so much. It means that you will be hanging out with some great ladies during the day and you will have some sweet kiddos to play with. It means mommy will wake you up a little earlier than usual and put you down a little later. Sorry, but I have to get my quality time in with you!! It means you will have to adjust to sleeping somewhere other than home and Nana's house! It means our time together will be shortened but we will make the best of it. It also means that we will have the means to provide everything you will ever need.



It amazes me everyday that my heart is not exploding in my body. The amount of love I have you, my child, is indescribable. You can make the worst days great and the great days even better! You truly are a blessing and I could not be more proud of the young lady you are becoming.

2 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

She is such a special girl!

Sara said...

Soooo sweet! :)