Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over

I am feeling so blessed right now! I can hardly contain myself. I thought (back, almost 2 years ago) when I had my daughter that I could not feel that joy again until/if I had another child of my own.

Boy, was I wrong!

My brave sister-in-law and her supportive husband (my brother!!) went to the hospital this morning with contractions and labor pains. He sent me a text while I was in church telling me that she had dilated to 8 and things were moving quickly. I got nervous, excited, anxious and I could not concentrate on what the preacher was saying. I told Daniel I did not want to miss the delivery so we jetted out of church early. I was so excited to get to the hospital and so scared that she would arrive before I would. I.was.wrong!!


I arrived around 12:00 p.m. They had stopped her Pitocin and she was great on her pain meds! I was a little jealous because I felt my contractions even with an epidural. Anyway, she was dilated to a 10 around 1:30 and started pushing around 2:30. She pushed until around 6:00 and nothing was happening. Ava, my niece-to-be, was not budging. The doctor tried to get some movement with forceps but, was unsuccessful. So, he ordered a c-section. We got nervous. We have not experience a cesarean before.


But at 6:35 p.m. on January 30, 2011 my beautiful, flawless niece was born. Baby and Momma did great! I am so proud of Brooke. My labor, however painful, was fairly easy. Hers was the furthest thing from that. But she handled it like a champ!! But back to the baby!!!

Enjoy...




No comments: