Monday, June 22, 2009

The Monday that Started on Sunday

When I got to work this morning I took a big sigh of relief. You would think that I would feel differently about being back to work on this Monday morning...the second week of my return from maternity leave. BUT, beginning Sunday afternoon my "home life" was more chaotic than my "work life".

Of course, we had a nice celebration for the father of my children. Triston was very excited to get Daniel his very own fishing pole. Now the two of them can go on their fishing expedition they have been talking about for so long. And Presley did so well at picking out an Itunes card for her daddy and a very appropriate ladybug card (her nursery theme is ladybugs). He loved his gifts and after relaxing for an hour or so we headed to the in-laws to celebrate Daniel's dad and have dinner.

The plan was to have an early dinner and head home to relax the rest of the evening. Our lovely daughter had different plans though. She took a cat nap at her Grandma's and woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She decided she did not want to eat...she only wanted to fuss. You must understand that the girl does not cry over much so if she cries for an extended amount of time there is something wrong. As she was drooling and chewing on her fingers we assumed she was beginning the teething process. It is amazing how teeth coming in can turn a good baby into a super-fussy baby! Bless her heart. Cutting teeth is making her not want to eat or sleep. She takes her Tylenol well though!! I am so very thankful for that much anyway.

So, after a fussy night with her there was no relaxing for this girl. As a matter of fact, it took about an hour and a half for me to watch a recorded show. I finally fell asleep and about two hours later Presley was up for the first time of the night. After taking about half a bottle she fell back asleep. I was not too far behind her and I got another two hours in before she awoke yet again. This time taking a little longer to get back to sleep. So, I finally crawled myself back into my bed and got to sleep for a whole three hours this time! At this point, it was 6:00 and time for Presley to stay awake and for me to get ready for work. Presley does not like to entertain herself while I get ready, either! She did not want to eat when she woke up this time. She ended up going back to sleep about thirty minutes before we had to go to Mrs. Vickie's.

Needless to say, even though my work day has been pretty hectic, it can't beat the long previous 24 hours I have had at home! I sure hope Presley is being a good girl for Mrs. Vickie. Please God, make the rest of my Monday be less crazy!

1 comment:

Monica @ Writer Chic said...

Oh Beth...I'm praying for you. It's a balancing act, that is for sure.