Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Friend Will Not Say Never, Cause The Welcome Will Not End

There are times in my life when nothing goes well. Then there are times, few and far between, that everything is just right. Sometimes I dwell on all the bad. Other times I float with the clouds and soak up all the good. No matter which between that I am in between one thing is certain...I have the best friends a girl could ask for. We, as a family, have the best friends anyone could ask for.

And it hit me like a ton of bricks Sunday night at a dinner we had at church. It was a kick off to our small group meetings for the year. Our small group has been nothing short of a miracle from God above. We have been blessed beyond words through this outreach.

But at this dinner each small group at our church was presented and each leader spoke about the basics of the group and the itinerary when the groups meet. So, our leader stood up to speak and her words rang ever so true. She explained that we are a group formed mostly of parents of small children. Each term we decide on a study to do and we have a time of fellowship and food at each meeting.

Then she elaborated on the relationships that have developed in our group. She announced us as
friends. I nodded in agreement. She continued with the things we have done together...play cards and games, keep each others kids, even sit in hospital rooms with each other.

My heart sank. These people took time away from their kids, their lives, their homes and came to be with us when we were at our lowest. These friends cared for us when we barely had the strength to care for us. Friends, yes. Brothers and sisters, even more so!

I did not tell you all about this so that you would feel sorry for us for having gone through all that we have gone through. No, I wanted to brag on some good friends! I wanted to share how it warms my heart to hear these friends ask about our week. I wanted to bring a smile to their faces just like they have done ours so many times.

So, there may be nothing else in my life right, but my friends are always there. They complete a part of me that I cannot explain. Thank you, my friends, for being my friend. I hope that the closeness we share never fades. I pray you know that the bond we have is sometimes all that keeps me going.

3 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Aww, I keep hearing about all the cool things at the potluck.. warm fuzy moments, limbo, what else did I miss????? Love you, friend.

The Writer Chic said...

What else did you miss, A? I fell asleep at Deanna's table. lol! =)

Love to you, always, Beth! xoxoxo

Mom to 2 Angels said...

I forgot to add that that title took me right back to high school graduation.