Thursday, March 18, 2010

This Time Around

It's.Been.Rough.

Is the second pregnancy always harder than the first? Well, let me clarify. You see, it is not necessarily pregnancy related illness. I have not had morning sickness. I have, so far, had no food aversions. No smells bother me. I am still very early so there is no swelling (yet!). The pregnant part of me is doing pretty well. But...

it is the other stuff that is kicking my butt!

The stomach virus that hit me hard, very hard.

or

The sinus infection that is going on two weeks now.
It is all very intensified and I don't like it.

But I do like to see these...


Can you tell anything from them, cuz I can't! But it does sort of legitimize things for me. You can probably see at the top of the ultrasound pictures where is says 9W3D. Well, doing this ultrasound revealed to us that we are not 9 weeks and 3 days into this. We went backwards. We are, officially, 7 weeks and 5 days. My new due date is October 30th. The lil' critter's heart rate was only 101 which my doc was ok with. We will do another ultrasound the first week of April and see how things look then.

I have some unjustified fears this time around. I don't know if it is because of Presley's congenital heart defect or if it is just that I know more things now then I did with her. Whatever the case I have to keep things in perspective. This is God handiwork and I can only accept it as a blessing.

No comments: