Monday, November 24, 2008

Finally...

Well, finally, I have the time, the energy and the news to write about!! I have several things to share actually. First thing is first...Triston had his football banquet last week and got a really cool trophy and athletic bag. He was very excited to see his football friends. We also had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. It was a fun, long one. It was for my gestational diabetes screening. Just so you I will explain the procedure. They give you a bottle of very sugary flavored (badly) water. You have 10 minutes to drink the drink then you wait for an hour. In the meantime, I had my 25 week check-up. I have officially gained 14 pounds. Yuck! That sounds like too much to me but the doctor is not phased so I won't be either. I got to hear Presley's heartbeat again today and it was pounding away at 153 times a minute. I am sure it was from that sugary drink she had just consumed!! So, the check-up concluded and everything appeared fine. Then I waited some more and finally went back to have blood drawn. They draw your blood to check your levels and make sure you are producing enough insulin to metabolize the sugar consumption. Then....you go home and yet again, WAIT. I heard back from the doctorthe next day and turns out my levels were too high. And now I have to go back for a three hour screening. This is where they give you twice the amount of the sugary drink and they take your blood every hour for three hours. Can you say pin cushion?! My nurse continued on (never a good sign) and informed me that I am anemic and I will have to start taking Iron supplements. I am not really excited about that. I also go back to the doctor today for my re-do ultrasound. We have our fingers crossed that they will find her aorta and she will have wonderful measurements on her skull. I am sure it will all be fine, after all, God is in control!!
Let's see, lastly, we had some fun yesterday. Daniel played in the Turkey Bowl at church. For thsoe that don't know, the Turkey Bowl is a flag football tournament with the small groups from our church. We also invite some guest out of church to play as an outreach project as well. We had a good turn out and Daniel's team did really well. They made it to the semi-finals and got beat (by the Pastor's team!). They all played well and I am sure will feel the effects of it today! As for me and Tris, I was bundled up in the car and he convinced Grandma to take him home early!!






No comments: