Friday, December 19, 2008

My Two Worst Enemies

So, last night it was routine as usual, so I thought anyway. I got off work and drove to pick up Triston from after-school care. After I picked him, we headed home to make dinner from some friends who just had twins. Luckily, I had it cooking in the crock pot all day! So, I pulled in the driveway and what to my wondering eyes did I see...a bunch of crap chewed up in the yard. It was quite dark so it took me a minute to figure out what was scattered all over the yard. Once I realized I freaked!

We had done some ordering of Christmas presents online and were expecting them anyday. Well, today was the day. Apparently, the UPS delivery man laid both boxes on our front porch right by the dog and his bed. No big deal, right? Wrong! The dog decided he wanted to know what was in those boxes and proceeded to rip one of them open. Once he got in he had realized he hit the mother load and began chewing away. He chewed one electronic piece all the way down to the wire. He chewed a disc out of it case and had the disc laying in the yard.


Am I kidding? No, I'm not. I was livid. I could feel my blood pressure rise. I had to tell Triston to stay in the car or he was going to see what had happened and therefore, see his Christmas presents. That would have led to him figuring out another, quite large, Christmas present. I was devastated and determined for him to have those presents next week. I called UPS to complain. I mean we have a screen door he very easliy could have put those boxes between the doors. Anyway, they have to file a claim and blah, blah, blah and now we are two Christmas presents short.


So, I would like to thank the UPS delivery man and my dog for making my evening so very interesting.

No comments: