Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Million Questions

I read a friends blog the other day about how unnerving it is when her son (the little cutie pie) doesn't give the charming smile that everyone so dearly loves in pictures. Well...this got me thinking and I feel I owe an explanation.

I have had people ask me before why all my pictures are of Presley and you rarely find one of Triston. Well, let's see if I can show you why this is...



Just to name a few!!

So, I can't help but feel a little guilty for not having tons of pics of my lil' man. But as you can see he is a hard one to photograph. Especially because I don't do the silly face pictures often. I like an all-smiles family photo!

So, in absence of pictures of him let me share with you what I do get a lot of from Tris.

Question after question after ever-so-annoying-but-gotta-love-em question!

Like this morning (at 6:30 a.m. might I add) I got these...

"Is today Fall Break?" ** He knew he had school today, why did he ask that**

"Is there a football game tomorrow?" **He already knew the answer to this one too**

"Why does everyone like Aeropastale so much? Abercrombie is wayyy better." **My 8 year old just said Abercrombie is better than Aeropastale. Serioulsy?! We don't even buy Abercrombie. I value food on our table more than $150 pair of jeans. Give me a break. I digress!

"What are we doing tooday?" **I get this one every day when I pick him up from school..and generally the answer is the same each day. Then we get it again each night when we tuck him in for bed and generally the answer is the same each night**

"Who is that"? "What is he doing?" "Why is he doing that?" "When is he going to stop doing that?" "Where does he live?"

They go on for days. Most of the time I don't know the answer to the question to begin with. But he feels like he has got to ask. And if there is a football game on you better be ready cuz he will keep 'em coming the whole game.

Now, because I am such a good mommy *ahem* I am finding the good in my little curious kid. What does this mean he will be when he grows up?? I have put a lot of thought into this and the best thing I can come up with is, well, a detective? A researcher? An attorney? I don't know but he good at asking questions. And...


every once in a while we can force him to take a really good picture!!!




1 comment:

Angela said...

LOL about the smiling!!!

I love the school picture! :)