Tuesday, March 1, 2011

30 Days of Positive

I was listening to the local christian radio station this week and heard a promotion they are doing for "30 days of positive". Which is where they are suggesting you listen to their station, positive music, for 30 days and see how it helps your overall look on life.

I started thinking about it and thought that is what we should be doing everyday...finding the positive in all things. Let's face it, it is quite easy to focus on all the negative things that happen. Ugh, Triston had a bad day at school, Presley won't stop whining and stomping her feet in two-year-old-tantrum-fashion, or Daniel is not getting enough hours to pay for daycare this week. All of these things could consume my thought pattern but I will.not.let.them!!

I am changing the way I think (for the next 30 days anyway). I am going to force myself to find the good and to forget about the bad and the ugly.

My goal is to post each day what my positive/s thoughts are. It might just be one thing but it might be ten. But it is an effort and that's more than what some you can say!!! Just kidding! But, seriously, shouldn't we all be positive and thankful at all times.

3/1/11: As I mentioned T's day at school was less than perfect. So, today I am very thankful that as a child I had a solid upbringing. I had/have a strong support system and consistent discipline. I may not have made it easy but I was "raised up" right!

And even though school days are tough I love watching my kids play together. It is so sweet (in trouble or not) to see them interact and laugh with each other. Followed with some nice cuddle time with my girl, my night could not have been much better.

I will take that for day 1 of 30 days of positive!!

No comments: