Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

Once upon a time, on a playground, one little 2nd grade girl said to another little second grade girl, "Will you be my friend?". The other little girl's answer would ring true for years and years to follow.

Those two girls were myself and my best friend, Kasey. We have been friends since that day. It is now 20 years later and my girl is getting married. I am so proud of her. She got her undergrad at MTSU and then went onto get her nursing degree. She met her fiance, Justin, and has been smitten ever since. I am so excited for her in this season of her life. I know God will bless them tremendously in the years to come. I hope that I can remain by her side during each of them.

Kasey, you know everything there is to know about me. You have seen me at my best and walked me through my worst. You have been my closest friend for the longest time and I will never find a better one.

I pray that you and Justin find this time to be exciting and joyful. I pray you trust in the Lord to meet your needs in every step of the way. Look to Him as your provider and He will never let you down.

I am very proud to be by your side on June 18th. I know you will look magnifiscent! I know I will cry but it will be tears of joy. I am overwhelmingly happy for you. Quite possibly, more so than on my own wedding day!!

I love you like a sister and I thank you for your friendship.

No comments: