Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For the Love of Friends!

It's amazing the way that people come into your life one day and before you know it they have become a driving force in your day-to-day being. A little over a year ago Daniel and I were finding ourselves outside our comfort zone. We were settling into married life, finding our church home and a family dynamic. We desired the friendships that so many desire. Those close friends you can call any time of the night to listen to you sob or to make you laugh. A couple to go to dinner with or just hang out at the house.

God listened to our cries each night for that companionship and he answered us months later. We knew the way to begin this journey was to just go out on a ledge and get involved. It was a hard step to take but we did and we could have been more blessed. God has placed friends in our lives that have brought us through so much and who continue to brighten our every day.

I remember the first time we went to what is now Kasey and Brock's small group. At the time, it was a joint small group with The King's (the originals!). And I sheepishly admit that we were quite uncomfortable. That was no one's fault but our own but a fact nonetheless. The small group soon split off and we became the "parents of young children small group". I think our child was one of the oldest but we were one of the youngest families there. The bonds that have been built over the last year have filled a huge void in my life.

These girls (and their mates!) continue to bless my life. They leave me asking God what I did to deserve their grace and love. With surgery on the horizon I need these girls more than anything right now. And they have so answered that call. I am one who thinks that no one should go out of their way for lil' ol' me. But these thoughtful girls have gone above and beyond. This is the latest...


I know, right! (Thanks, Mon for the pics!) It came from here and she has awesome stuff!! I really want one of everything!!

I want all of these ladies to know how very thankful I am to have them in my life. How their prayers and kind words are with me at all times. And how if I did not have these relationships I would not be where I am today. I lean on each of you so much and could not make it through this venture without you.

1 comment:

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I love your necklace!
Mon and I sat next to Lisa at a blog conference (I'm sure she has told you) and she is the wonderful person (and jewelry designer!) inside and out. She's doing a giveaway at my blog next week if you'd like a shot at a $50 gift certificate! :-)
Hugs,
Hillary