4:14 PM: Beth and Daniel were able to see Presley. Please continue to pray for peace. In Beth's own words, "It was the hardest thing I have ever done."
As of 3:30, Beth and Daniel have yet to see Presley. We are getting anxious, but know that she is in good hands. All is well, this is just a delay. But still. We are ready to get to her! It has been a long day, but spirits are good, and there is even talk of getting some dinner. =) Thank you, still, for the constant prayers.
Monica here, updating on behalf of Daniel and Beth. The wireless connection at Vanderbilt was being uncooperative -- but if that is our biggest worry, praise the Lord!
As of approximately 12:30 CST, Presley is out of surgery. They ended up finding a second smaller hole in her heart, and both were successfully closed up. She has been taken off the bypass machine and her heart is working on its own. They are closing her up now, and all is as well as can be expected!
Daniel and Beth should be able to see Presley at approximately 2:00 PM CST; please pray for peace and grace for their tender mommy/daddy hearts.
Thank you all for bathing this sweet girl in prayer this morning. Please continue to pray for the following:
- Strength and painless rest for Presley as she recovers
- Protection from illness, especially H1N1, for all those who will be in contact with the family
- Grace for Daniel and Beth as they split time between the hospital with Presley and home with Triston
- Compassion and wisdom for the ICU doctors and nurses who will be tending to Presley
- Safety for all those traveling between their homes and the hospital as we support the O'Neils
Thank you again for your prayers.